Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

Weatherly's Sleeping Adventures

When we found out we were pregnant Weatherly was sleeping good in her crib so we bought a new crib for the new baby. My hopes were that Weatherly would stay in her crib at least until she was 2 1/2 years old. Well, that recently came to an end. Weatherly learned how to climb out of her crib a couple of weeks ago. I managed to keep her in it for a little while longer, but those days are over now. I asked her doctor how I should handle this. He told me to teach her how to get in and out of it safely and she should be fine. He suggested that I make sure her room is "child proof" before we put her to bed and lock her in the room. I put one of those covers over the doorknob on the inside of the door so she couldn't get out. Please don't think I am a mean mother, but I insist that she gets a good night's sleep. I strongly feel that a lot of children these days don't get enough sleep and therefore are fussy during the day. So I REALLY want Weatherly to get a good night's rest so I did it. She didn't cry or fuss, but she apparently got out of her crib as you can see in these pictures. These first two are from the first night. When I looked at the monitor to see if she was still in her crib, she wasn't but I didn't hear her playing or crying so I went into her room. This is where I found her.


These next three pictures were taken during her nap. Just like the night before, I didn't see her in the monitor and didn't hear her crying or playing. When I went in the room, I couldn't find her. I knew she hadn't gotten out of the room so I searched everywhere and found her behind the kitchen set with her favorite baby doll, "Ben." Just like before she was sleeping hard. I actually accidently hit her head on the kitchen set when I was putting her in the crib and she didn't move. She slept in the crib for the rest of her nap.



Yesterday we turned her crib into the toddler bed and the first two pictures show how she fell asleep. It appeared as if she was going to sleep in her bed. Boy was I wrong. When I woke up to feed Laura at 4:00 and looked at the monitor to check on Weatherly, she was not in her bed so I went into her room to see where she might be. This last picture is what I found. I couldn't believe it. Why does she insist on sleeping on the floor when her bed is right there? She doesn't cry to get out of the room or ask to sleep with us. She just finds a cozy spot on the floor or as you can see from the last picture here, under the bed.



Anyway, these are Weatherly's sleeping adventures. She sleeps so hard and doesn't even flinch when I take the pictures or move her. I guess she is sleeping good. Wonder where she will sleep tonight?????

3 comments:

Ashley W. said...

That is so funny!

Angie said...

She cracks me up! I wonder if she falls asleep playing? You should put in a camera in her room and record her one night. I bet it would be hilarious!

Angie said...

She cracks me up! I wonder if she falls asleep playing? You should put in a camera in her room and record her one night. I bet it would be hilarious!