Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Juggling Two

Having two little girls only 22 months apart is challenging, but oh so much fun!!! There are definitely times that I wonder why I had them so close together, but I am so happy I did. When things get really chaotic and I think I am going to lose my mind, I just have to remind myself of how very blessed I am to have 2 healthy, beautiful, and precious gifts from God. Weatherly is definitely in her "terrible twos" and can be challenging to say the least. I am amazed by some of her fits. For instance today while in line at Zaxby's she heard me say that I wanted honey mustard dressing with my salad and that gave her the idea that she wanted honey mustard NOW (I don't even think she knows what it is). She whined and begged for honey mustard for at least five minutes. It cracks me up that toddlers think if they want it, then it must happen. I think she thinks that all she has to do is say I want something and say please and it will fall from the sky. After the honey mustard incident she begged to go to the bank to get a lollipop. I have only been to the bank with her twice and she remembers that the bank is where they give you lollipops. It is so cute listening to her express herself even though sometimes she does it at the top of her lungs. She is very verbal and I often have to remind myself that she is only two. She is certainly proving that being two can be difficult, but I really do love this age because she is learning so much and says the cutest things. When she hears a loud noise, she will say "that scared me." Brent loves to hear her say, "Daddy you scared me." I think one of my favorite things she says is, "That's MY mama" while shaking her head yes. She does the cutest thing when she is asking for something. She will shake her head as if saying yes while she asks for it and says "please." When she does something wrong she will almost immediately say "I'm sorry" and if she hurts someone, she will say "I'm sorry, I kiss it" and then kisses where it hurts. Not exactly the best behavior, but at least she says I'm sorry. Here are some pictures of her putting on make-up. This is one of her favorite things to do. She loves to sit on the stool in our bathroom and "put on make-up" and "fix my hair."


Here she is saying cheese.
Angie and Frank came over Tuesday night to eat with us. I noticed that Laura had an outfit that matched Tyler's so I changed her so they would be dressed alike and we took this picture. Aren't they adorable! Tyler is going to be a heartbreaker! Thanks for coming to eat with us, Frank and Angie! We had a great time! Weatherly absolutely loves the two of you.
Weatherly on her bed with her baby doll - She asked that I take her picture "holding the baby." Then she asked me to put Laura in her bed with her and her dolls and take a picture. She is such a girly girl. I think it is going to be even more fun when Laura is able to play with her big sister. I am hoping they will be the best of friends.

Notice the band-aids on Weatherly's legs and elbow. She doesn't have that many "boo boos" but begs me to put band-aids on her. I have learned to pick my battles and this is one I often won't fight. I tell myself, if she wants a band-aid, what will it hurt???

Sweet, sweet baby Laura! I just love the smiles and coos. It warms my heart when I start talking to her and it is evident that she recognizes that I'm her mother and smiles back. It is such a rewarding feeling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DeAnn - Love Tyler and Laura in their matching outfits. How cute!!